Resolution by State Defense Committee of the USSR passed in May 1943 in Moscow on how to withstand German heavy tanks. The decision was based on first battle contact with Tiger tanks on Eastern Front.
1. Artillery Directorate General of the Red Army, Central Artillery Design engineering bureau, and other responsibilities were ordered to:
the ballistics of 85mm tank gun is such a way that it would penetrate 100-110mm
of armour at a distance of 2000m. The
prototype was to be placed at disposal of Kirov Plant by June 15, 1943 for
- design, produce, and forward to testing a special 100mm tank gun prototype with separate loading and ballistics, ensuring penetration of 120-130mm at a distance of 2000m by July 1, 1943.
2. The National Ammunition Committee and Central Artillery Design engineering bureau were ordered to:
- launch, as soon as possible, but not later than June 1, 1943, the production of 57mm HE rounds with fragmentation effect .
as soon as possible, but not later than June 1, 1943, 76mm AP rounds for F-34
tank gun so that they are able to penetrate side 82mm armour of T-VI tank
(Tiger I tank) at a distance of 600m .
- perfect, as soon as possible, but not later than June 15, 1943, 76mm APCR rounds for F-34 tank gun so that they are able to penetrate front 100mm armour of T-VI tank (Tiger I tank) at a distance of 500m.
- mount 57mm tank gun (ZiS-4) on T-34 tanks starting with May 15, 1943. The ration of T-34 tanks with ZiS-4 gun to total ratio of T-34 tanks produced should be 20-30%.
based on T-70 suspension, 3 prototypes of self-propelled guns - SU-57 armed
with 57mm gun by June 1, 1943. The specified prototypes were to be tested
within 10 days with the results submitted
based on SU-152 suspension, a prototype of self-propelled gun armed with 122mm
mod. 1931 gun by June 1, 1943. Later series should be equally divided between
122mm and 152mm vehicles.
based on T-34 modules, a prototype of self-propelled gun armed with 85mm tank
gun (SU-85) following the SU-76 design with rear firing compartment by July 1,
PS. Latest poll results:
You are mostly playing WoT on (votes / %)
- desktop PC - 3025 (78%)
- gaming laptop - 307 (8%)
- regular laptop / netbook - 505 (13%)